i heart Wines respects your right to privacy and your own personal space. Protection of data related to your person, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address, is accordingly a matter of great importance to us. We strictly observe the relevant laws in acting to ensure that we provide this.
Storage and processing of personal data
No data related to your person will be collected via our website without your consent. You, and you alone, shall decide whether or not you reveal such data, in the context of a survey, a competition or registration, etc. We would generally use such personal data in order to answer your enquiries, to give you information on offers that you may have requested, or to facilitate access to these for you. As part of our customer relations services, it may prove necessary to store personal data provided by you, processed or given to one of our associated companies. This is done solely to enable us to cater for your wishes more effectively, to improve our products, or to inform you about the products we offer. Data will therefore be used solely for the purpose of customer administration, product surveys or marketing, and only to the extent necessary in each case. If you do not wish to leave your personal data with us in support of our customer relations, and moreover notify us of this electronically or by post, then we shall naturally respect your wishes and remove them. In no case shall we sell your personal data to third parties, market them, or in any way release them. Furthermore, our staff and agencies are instructed by us to remain silent and to protect your privacy and personal space.
We may share the information of credit customers with credit reference agencies and other companies to assist in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
As an element in the technical administration of the website, we have taken technical and organizational steps to protect your data against deliberate or accidental manipulation, access by unauthorized third parties, loss, interference, destruction or alteration. We continuously update this protection in line with the further technological developments.
Automatically collected data unrelated to persons
When you visit our website, small pieces of information are occasionally collected automatically. Such items are not related to any specific person and consist, for example, of information about the internet browser being used, the total number of calls, average duration of call, the pages consulted, the domain name of the website from which you accessed our website, etc. We shall only use such data to enhance our website and adapt it to the requirements of our customers.
Data automatically lodged in your computer (“Cookies”)
When you visit our website, it is possible that data in the form “cookies” is lodged in your computer so that you can be automatically identified the next time without the use of any data related to your person. This permits us to monitor preferences so that our website can be optimally arranged. If you do not want our website to identify your computer when you make a call, then you can set your computer’s internet browser to delete all cookies in your computer, to block cookies, or to warn you before storing a cookie.
- Essential Cookies – Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow the Content Management System we use to track your browsing session and identify you if you are logged in. This ensures that you can access the information you should be able to.
- Analytics Cookies – We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to improve the website and more quickly identify and fix any issues that arise. For example, we might use analytics cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular and to determine why others are not.
- Functionality Cookies – We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example we may give you the option to have your username remembered if you access a password protected area or recall a preference for information of a particular type on the home page. Third party services such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and AddThis may also write cookies to your computer which may be used ‘on’ our website to determine if you are logged in to those services should you choose to ‘share’ content socially.
The table below details the specific cookies that are read and written by this website (domain). This excludes cookies that are set as a result of third party services we use.
|WordPress||PHPSESSID, exp_last_activity, exp_last_visit, exp_tracker||Essential – This cookie is used for session management. It is essential for logged-in users to maintain their session status, but it may also be used for non-logged-in users.|
|WordPress||woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart||Functionality – The cookie helps WooCommerce to save changes to data in the shopping basket.|
|WordPress||wp_woocommerce_session_[hash]||Functionality – Contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer..|
|WordPress||legal_cookie||Essential – Confirms if the visitor is of legal age and accepts the privacy and cookie policies.|
|Google Recaptcha||_grecaptcha||Functionality – To provide spam protection.|
You can disable cookies for this and any website you visit using controls built into your web browser. You can use your web browser (eg Internet Explorer) to:
- delete all cookies
- block all cookies
- allow all cookies
- block third-party cookies
- clear all cookies when you close the browser
- open a ‘private browsing’ session
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend broswer functionality
You can find full guidance on how to disable or otherwise control cookies that are written to your computer by your web browser at the corresponding browser vendor websites:
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835|
- You can find out more about cookies, at AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
i heart Wines expressly encourages all parents and other persons supervising children to give them guidance on the safe and responsible handling of personal data on the internet. In particular, children must be instructed not to communicate any personal data to our website without the prior consent of parents or other supervisory persons. i heart Wines will not knowingly collect or in any way utilise any personal data relating to children. Moreover, i heart Wines does not try to appeal to children with the design of its website and the products presented there. No person under the age of 18 should use this site.
Your right to information, questions and comments
Should you have any queries or comments regarding data protection on our website, or in particular wish to view or update any data relating to your person, then please contact us at any time.